Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind in the darkness that you know you cannot fight. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before. Let your soul take you where you long to be.

Monday, April 26, 2010

"meal of the week", tips, and tricks

“spaghetti” casserole
Layered in a casserole dish: big portabellas, steamed spaghetti squash, sautéed onions, olives, extra lean ground turkey, spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, and the special ingredient to give it that zing: sundried tomato pesto. Since all items are already cooked, put in the oven at 350 degrees and bake till warmed through. I swear it tastes like you’re eating a delicious pile of Italian food!

Trick: if you’re short on time and bored with your food, try the prepackaged seasoning section at your grocery store. You can find tasty Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, taco seasoning, creole seasoning to spruce up your dish in a quick amount of time.

Tip: This week, my challenge to myself is to lay off the sweets. I have a major sweet tooth. Typically, I don’t give in but since starting a new job at a hotel, I am finding delicious pastries and chocolates are sitting out just waiting for me to taste them at my convenience. The solution? I bought some figs at Central Market to satisfy that sweet tooth. Figs are a naturally fat free and naturally sweet food, no preservatives needed. And you only need 2 or 3 to satisfy that craving.

Tip: Looking for a dessert? Try roasting grapes in the oven just till the juices have thickened. The sweetness of the grape is condensed, and the consistency tastes like a delicious preserve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment